Report & Prevent Fraud
Keep your accounts and cards safe.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
To report a lost or stolen card, call us at 833-732-8351.
After regular business hours, please contact 1-800-500-1044.
If you believe that your account(s) have been compromised,
please call 833-732-8351 immediately or Click here to contact us through our website.
Identity Theft Recovery
Protecting your identity is vital. By keeping some of these tips in mind, you can help reduce your risk and help minimize the threat of someone stealing your personal information. If you suspect you have been a victim of Identity Theft, visit identitytheft.gov for information on steps you can take.
- 5 Helpful Reminders:
1. Help fight fraud by informing us of any name, telephone, or address change you may have.
2. Notify us when you are traveling and will be using your debit card.
3. A service center staff member on behalf of Planters Bank will NEVER ask for your card number. If you are suspicious of a call, hang up and contact your local branch.
4. Do not reply to emails or text messages that ask for your card number.
5. If you notice any suspicious account activity or any customer information security-related events, please contact your local Planters Bank branch or info@bankPFB.com.
Report Lost/Stolen Debit Card
If you discover your debit card is missing, it's essential to call the bank right away. During regular business hours, contact your local branch to report your card lost/stolen. After regular business hours, please contact 1-800-500-1044 to report your card lost/stolen.
Report Lost/Stolen Credit Card
To report a lost or stolen credit card, call us at 833-732-8351.
We will cancel your card and send you a new one. If your card is stolen, you're not liable for these charges.
Report Lost/Stolen Checkbook
To report a lost or stolen checkbook, call us at 833-732-8351.
If possible, provide details about the last check that was written, including the check number and the name of the person or business it was written to. Digital copies of your checks are available through Online Banking.
Debit Card Security
Planters Bank uses state-of-the-art fraud monitoring solutions that help protect your accounts from fraudulent use. If any suspicious activity or out of normal usage is detected, you will be contacted by a bank employee or by a service center staff member on behalf of Planters Bank.
Traveling with your Debit Card
We take special precautions to keep your money safe. One is to limit the amount that can be withdrawn using your debit card within a 24 hour period. This helps minimize loss if someone gets your card or number. You can help too. If you are taking a trip and will be shopping outside the area, please contact your banker about your travel plans.
Without this advance notice from you, we may put a hold on your Planters Bank debit card account until we can contact you to confirm that you originated the abnormal transactions. To avoid being inconvenienced, you may also want to take along other methods of payment when you travel.
Our fraud alert system, SecurLOCK Communicate™, monitors your transactions 24 x 7 and notifies you of any fraudulent activity on your accounts. SecurLOCK Communicate™ includes real-time mobile text messages, voice calls, and email notifications for quicker fraud identification and prevention. Each contact method will provide the opportunity to either acknowledge that fraud has occurred or to indicate that the transactions being analyzed are legitimate. If the transactions are legitimate, the fraud hold on the card will be removed within 10 minutes of your response. If you are unable to be contacted, your card may be blocked until we verify whether or not these are valid transactions. Below are indicators on your debit card that may trigger an alert:
- Multiple transactions taking place in a short period of time.
- Transactions in a different geographical region than you exhibited in the past.
- Multiple failed attempts to enter the correct PIN.
- Spending patterns that are different than what you exhibited in the past.
SecurLock™ Equip App
Planters Bank is committed to your account security, with additional protection for your Planters Bank debit card with SecurLock™ Equip. SecurLock™ Equip offers you the ability to control how, where, or when your debit card is used via your mobile device. You can turn your card on or off with the touch of a button. You can also set location-based controls, block international transactions, or set spending limits. You can receive alerts for transactions if you desire. SecurLock™ Equip puts the power in your hands and will help keep your card safe from fraud.
Manage your Planters Bank Debit Card's Security with SecurLock Equip.
Turn your Debit Card on and off
Set up real-time alerts for transactions on your card
Authorize certain transaction types for purchases
Place location controls on in-person purchases
How to get started
- Download the free SecurLock™ Equip App from Google Play or the App Store. Then follow the prompts to load your Planters Bank Debit Card and create a username and password. Please take the time to verify that we have your current contact information so that you can utilize this new service to its full potential – all at no cost to you! To learn more contact your local branch for details.
Safe Deposit Box
At Planters Bank we want to help protect what’s important to you. Safe deposit boxes provide a secure environment away from your home and office for valuables and important documents. We have a variety of sizes available and the annual rent payment can be deducted right from your checking or savings account.
The contents of our Safe Deposit Box are not insured by PFB or any governmental agency or insurance program including the FDIC.
Make photocopies of the following to keep in your Safe Deposit Box. That way, if your cards are lost or stolen you will have a record of what is missing and who to call.
Both sides of your credit or debit cards
Your driver's license and social security cards
Insurance identification cards
Any other personal info you carry in your wallet or purse