Planters Bank is joining with other banks across Georgia participating in Georgia Banker Democracy Days, a campaign by the Georgia Bankers Association to encourage Georgians to vote this fall.
"We are thankful to the Georgia Bankers Association for the opportunity to team up with them to promote Georgia Bankers Democracy Days through our commitment to the communities that we serve. We at Planters Bank honor and respect the right to vote as citizens. We encourage our communities to register and cast ballots to ensure voices are heard." stated Mike Phillips, Planters Bank Chief Executive Officer.
"Georgia's bankers know that voting is one of our most precious rights as citizens, and our members asked us to help them encourage every eligible voter to go to the polls this fall," said GBA Chairman Spence Mullis, president and CEO, Morris Bank, Dublin. "The campaign is just one of the many ways the Georgia Bankers Association supports the democratic process and serves as a resource for its members."
As part of the campaign, Planters Bank and other participating banks will post fliers about voting, share voter resources with staff and customers in a variety of ways, encourage voter registration and remind people to vote.
Key dates for the General Election are:
- Absentee ballot applications – https://ballotrequest.sos.ga.gov/
- Georgia My Voter Page -- https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/
- Voter registration deadline – Oct. 5
- In-person early voting begins – Oct. 12
- Saturday, in-person early voting begins – Oct. 24
- General election – Nov. 3
Georgia Banker Democracy Days Timeline and Resources
- Absentee ballot applications – https://ballotrequest.sos.ga.gov
- Georgia My Voter Page -- https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov
- November 18: Earliest day for a registrar to mail an absentee ballot for the general election runoff
- December 7: Voter registration deadline to vote in the federal runoff election
- December 14: Advanced in-person or early voting begins
- January 5, 2021: Federal runoff election day
Voters can get information about registering to vote, their registration status, early voting locations and much more at the My Voter Page website from the Georgia Secretary of State: https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do.
Social Channels to check out:
Twitter: @GABankers, #GABankersVote
About the Georgia Bankers Association:
Founded in 1892, the Georgia Bankers Association promotes the general welfare and usefulness of banking and the preservation of a sound banking system. For 128 years, GBA has been the resource that empowers Georgia's banks, providing effective government relations and public advocacy, a community of professional peers, top-quality education and professional development, and revenue-enhancing products and services.