The Community Bankers Association of Georgia’s (CBA) Leadership Division elected its new Board of Directors at the 41st Annual Leadership Division Convention & Mini-Trade Show held June 6-9, 2019 at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort.
Eli Tinsley, Planters First Bank, Cordele, was elected as a Member at Large. Tinsley was awarded the 2019 Matt McCranie Leadership Division Representative of the Year. Tinsley has 21 years of banking experience; he is a graduate of the University of Georgia, where he earned his degree in Agricultural Economics. Tinsley is a member of First Baptist Church, member and Past President of the Cordele Lions Club, Executive Board Member and Past Chairman of Crisp County Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Cordele-Crisp Tourism Division, IDC member, Cordele Housing Authority Board Member, Board Member of the Georgia Veterans Friends of the Park and active in various other local charities.
“The future of community banking in Georgia is extremely bright with this group of dedicated bankers leading the way. We’re pleased to welcome new and returning members to the CBA Leadership Division Board of Directors,” said John McNair, President & Chief Executive Officer of Community Bankers Association. “With such a knowledgeable and results-oriented group of community bankers on the Leadership Division Board, we’re anticipating another very productive year.”
Created in 1980, the purpose of the Community Bankers Association of Georgia's Leadership Division (a committee of the CBA Board of Directors), is to promote the advancement of tomorrow's financial industry leaders and to encourage and foster additional relationships between the CBA and its member banks. The Leadership Division has three major initiatives which include raising funds for Children’s Healthcare, promoting participation in CBA’s annual Julian & Jan Hester Memorial Scholarship, and raising funds for CBA’s PAC/PR Funds.
The new slate of officers for 2019-2020 is as follows:
- Chair: Greg Proffitt – Newton Federal Bank, Covington
- Chair-Elect: Paul Black – Vinings Bank, Smyrna
- 1st Vice Chair: Brian Bazemore – Community Bank of Dublin-Laurens County
- 2nd Vice Chair: Trudy Eller – American Commerce Bank, N.A., Bremen
- Immediate Past Chair: Debra Weil – Community Banking Co. of Fitzgerald
- Div. 1 Chair: Kyle Ray – First Bank, Dalton
- Vice Chair: Lisa Shrader – Citizens Bank & Trust, Trenton
- Div. 2 Chair: Mike Underwood – Peach State Bank & Trust, Gainesville
- Vice Chair: Daniel Lopez - United Community Bank, Jasper
- Div. 3 Chair: Chris Cochran – Affinity Bank, Atlanta
- Vice Chair: Josh Osborne – Oconee State Bank, Lawrenceville
- Div. 4 Chair: Jonathan Pope – Exchange Bank, Milledgeville
- Vice Chair: Dan Vano – Heritage Bank, Fayetteville
- Div. 5 Chair: Michael McGahee – Bank of Camilla
- Vice Chair: Chip Davis – Family Bank, Pelham
- Div. 6 Chair: Jonathon Guthrie – The Peoples Bank, Willacoochee
- Vice Chair: Thomas Bennett – Pineland Bank, Alma
- Div. 7 Chair: Jim Cowart – Durden Banking Company, Twin City
- Vice Chair: Lee Dubberly – South Georgia Bank, Glennville
- Ex-Officio John McNair, CBA of Georgia, Atlanta
- Members at Large: Kristy Brown – Greater Community Bank, Rome; Stephanie Fagler – Persons Banking Company, Swainsboro; Zac Frye – Durden Banking Company, Swainsboro; Jessica Hudson – First National Bank of Coffee County, Douglas; Jason Rooks – Flint Community Bank, Albany; Andy Thomas – The Commercial Bank, Crawford; Lee Vaughn – Northeast Georgia Bank, Elberton; Eli Tinsley – Planters First Bank, Cordele; and Peake Wilson – CBA of Georgia, Atlanta.
About Community Bankers Association of Georgia
CBA was founded in 1969 by a group of Georgia community bankers to protect the political interests of locally owned community banks. Representing approximately 150 community banks and 200 associate member companies, CBA offers services in three distinct areas: Legislative, Professional Development and Member Services. For more information about the CBA, visit www.cbaofga.com or call (770) 541-4490.